JOB DESCRIPTION - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the creation and dissemination of newsworthy content, including but not limited to media releases, advertorials, stories and news about staff and student achievements and key activities held by RMIT Vietnam to create favourable views of RMIT Vietnam, and for distribution across multiple channels across University
2. Assist with working with media in Hanoi and northern cities and provinces for positive media coverage; ensure timely and appropriate responses to media enquiries.
3. Develop illustrative materials and articles as assigned
4. Assist with the organisation of press meetings and media interviews of the University executives, staff and students
5. Assist with pro-active monitoring of RMIT Vietnam's presence on print, broadcast and online media by collecting data for fortnightly, monthly and annual media activity reports
6. Provide support in managing media plan and budget for PR campaigns, important occasions and major University events
7. Take photos of University’s activities; support in video production project to promote University activities
8. Translate from English into Vietnamese and vice-versa, including but not limited to brochures, media releases and news articles
9. Gather content for the weekly staff newsletter, specifically Hanoi-related community activities and promotions for Staff Social News
10. Support the administration tasks of the department including room bookings for meetings, contract drafting, PR/PV preparation
11. Implement other duties as directed by Senior Communications Coordinator and Communications Manager.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
BENEFITS FROM THE JOB